Profile: a truly global role, expert category manager, strong negotiation and project management skills. Engineering background, knowledge of drive train technologies. Willing to make the difference for our business in a pivotal category. Able to build a cohesive, trustworthy and collaborative network, both within the organization and with external Suppliers. Ability to drive, together with R&D and Corporate Research, breakthrough technology road maps while enabling the Early Supplier Involvement Mission Statement: Develop, plan and implement Category Strategies focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for an assigned category or group of categories. Ensure execution in accordance with Company, SCM and Supply Base Management instructions and procedures.Uppgifter :
1. Sourcing strategy Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process, implements effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies, are engaged and execute them accordingly.
2. Procurement: Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, spending and savings forecasts. Minimizes risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
3. Negotiation Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews price lists, terms and conditions.
4. Contracts Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management, and executes upon approval. Provides ongoing oversight and contract management with suppliers.
5. Supplier agreements Ensures identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies. Defines and establishes local standard agreements with all major suppliers. Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Company directives and guidelines.
6. Special programs Designs and implements cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets.
7. Business continuity Applies and implements SCM standards, tools, and processes focused on business continuity for the assigned commodity or group of commodities.
8. Budget and performance targets
Contributes to, and participates in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework. Ensures the Category sourcing performance targets are achieved.
9. People leadership and development
Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops indirect subordinates within HR policies and Group Procurement & Logistics functional excellence guidelines (knowledge management, functional training, etc.)
Master Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience gained from a working career.
10 years experience in similar roles.
Broad business understanding,
Strategic mindset and structured approach
Genuine interest in driving complex projects/initiatives and stakeholder management
Ability to coordinate and drive activities in a matrix organization
Ability to understand complex technologies.
Ownership for the assigned category, result oriented
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis