You will be part of Grid Automation Products (GAP) in Västerås. We are responsible for development, marketing and sales as well as manufacturing of protection and control products for power generation, transmission and subtransmission network applications. The unit’s product offer includes IED:s in the Relion 670/650 series. The unit also offers services, for example education that enables the customers to obtain maximal benefit from their investment in ABB’s protection and control solutions.Uppgifter :
As one of our Senior R&D Engineers for the development of HW electronics, you will be integrated in a team that locally consists of about 15 people of skilled and experienced HW-R&D staff.
Within the global Grid Automation Products technology development, the group is involved with managing development and maintenance of our embedded system products’ electronics and mechanics.
Your tasks span at least over the following range of activities:
- Analyze market requirements, user input and product architecture to derive technical requirements (functional and non-functional) for platform circuit boards (HW modules)
- Evaluate PCBA implementations against requirements based on review of design and verification results
- Create, evaluate and compare technical solution options involving external supplier’s expertise and prototyping as needed
- Perform solutions’ cost analysis and cost trade-off studies
- Analyze and document risks connected to technical solutions
You will collaborate with your fellow hardware engineers and architects, as well as software developers, test engineers, project and product managers and many different functions that are present on-site in Västerås; from Production, to Sales & Marketing, Controlling and HR.
Since we have close collaboration with our team in Switzerland, as well as suppliers and customers worldwide, you will have an opportunity to broaden your network, building a great platform for a sustainable career within ABB.
You hold a BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, along with at least five years’ experience in a relevant field.
In order to succeed in this role, the following competences are required:
• Broad HW electronics design knowledge including manufacturing processes and component engineering
• Deep knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Analog signal processing chains
- Communications interfaces and standards
- Power supplies, DC/DC converters
- CPU board architectures
- Board level and product design for EMC and electrical safety
- Design for test and manufacturing
- Understanding of embedded SW development
- Electronics modeling and simulation tools
On a personal level, you are analytical, proactive and focused, with a deep interest in electronics systems and their implementation. Furthermore, you are a team player with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work productively in a cross-functional global organization.
You enjoy working in a high-paced environment and can grasp the bigger picture without losing track of the essential details. Lastly, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis