ABB Grid Automation Products is seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer with focus on Product Reliability. Our products protect and control transmission of electricity to major metropolitan areas, key industrial infrastructure and power generation sites, including nuclear power plants, all over the world. Needless to say, reliability is at the very heart of our business. In this role you are responsible for the realization and management of product reliability targets in product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, e.g. advanced development, product development, launch and/or maintenance. Our aim with this role is to drive sustainable and transformational change in R&D and Supply Chain Management, specifically targeting product reliability. You will combine technical expertise with people and organizational skills to deliver data driven reliability improvements.Uppgifter :
Together with the R&D and Supply Chain Management teams based in our lead manufacturing and development location in Västerås, Sweden, you will define and drive a portfolio of initiatives focusing on improving product reliability.
• Introducing reliability engineering methods and tools to the development teams and coaching the development team members in their use.
• Establishing our ability to verify and validate that the performance of new products is in line with reliability expectations.
• Providing concrete input to electronics designs to achieve higher reliability at optimized cost.
• Conducting failure root-cause analysis studies and identifying preventive actions for the design process as well as the product design.
• Cooperate with other expert centers and lab facilities to execute reliability investigations and tests
• Interacting with suppliers to secure reliability of purchased components and modules.
• Interacting with the customer support team or even customers directly to resolve customer defect reports.
In this challenging and broad role, you will gain expertise in our product portfolio, our business and our market, identifying customer values and opportunities to enhance the performance of our products. You are highly visible in our organization, building your network. A great opportunity to develop an exciting career within ABB.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s degree or higher in electronics engineering, engineering physics or related subjects.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing high reliability embedded systems and/or applying reliability engineering methods.
• Experience from applying failure analysis techniques and various types of accelerated lifetime testing (HALT, ALT, etc.)
• Track record of visible impact on organizational and product reliability performance.
• Experience of being a Change Agent challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology and driving improvements. Leading teams through influence without authority.
• Working knowledge of lean development and six sigma strategies and principles.
Skills and Behaviors:
• Effective communicator at various levels of the organization (from business leadership to employees on factory floor). Project Management and strong problem solving skills.
• Combines analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions.
• Positive attitude – always! Stays energetic and energizes others.
• Practices what is preached and leads by example. Is passionate about change and skilled as a change agent able to navigate the site through significant change.
• Handles strong push back from many levels of the organization effectively to drive needed results.
• Experience of Continuous Improvement in R&D and formal recognition of merits in Lean Methodologies and/or Six Sigma is advantageous.
• Global working environment requires fluency in English, written and spoken alike.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis